You have questions? We're here to help!
- What kind of yoga do you offer?
- Do you offer 'hot yoga'?
- What is your minimum age limit?
- Do I have to register or sign up for classes online?
- What happens if a class is full?
- Can I arrive late or leave early?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What do I bring? What do I wear?
- I am not flexible, can I still do yoga?
- What does 'Unlimited' mean in your pass options?
- Is the '1 Month Unlimited Introductory Pass' a calendar month, or can it be started at any time?
1. What kind of yoga do you offer?
We offer a variety of classes to suit everyone from beginners to advanced yogis. Please check out our class descriptions to find the best class for you. For beginners, we recommend starting with Gentle, Yoga 4 Backs and/or Foundations.
2. Do you offer 'hot yoga'?
No, we do not offer hot yoga. Our studio is a cozy room temperature so that you are comfortable while practicing, but it is not considered 'hot'. In many of our classes, however, you are still likely to work up a sweat!
3. What is your minimum age limit?
The minimum age limit to attend our regular classes is 11 when accompanied by an adult, or 13 if unaccompanied. For minors, we do require the signature of the parent/guardian on our waiver form before the first class. Full-time students are eligible for a 15% discount off our regularly priced passes.
4. Do I have to register or sign up for classes online?
No, on-line sign-in is not a requirement for our regular drop-in classes. You are more than welcome to drop in to any of our regular classes at any time. We do recommend checking our online schedule before attending, as classes very occasionally get cancelled or changed. On-line sign-in does not secure your spot, so please be sure that you arrive at least 5 minutes before class begins. If the class you are interested in attending is a workshop or a registered class (indicated with a (Registered) comment beside it), then you must sign up before attending.
5. What happens if a class is full?
Ultimately, we run on a 'first come, first served' basis. To ensure you get a spot, we recommend arriving about 10 minutes prior to class. On-line sign-in does not secure your spot – you are still required to be at the studio 10 minutes before class even if you have signed in online.
6. Can I arrive late or leave early?
Our front doors are locked at the beginning of each class; therefore, in order to attend, please make sure you are early. We also ask that you stay for the entire length of the class.
7. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, debit, Visa, and MasterCard. You can make purchases at the studio or online through our Mind/body site.
8. What do I bring? What do I wear?
Wear comfortable clothes that you can move easily in and that are not too warm. Bring a yoga mat and an open mind. If you do not have a yoga mat, we rent them for $1. You can find more info about starting out at New Yogis Etiquette.
9. I am not flexible, can I still do yoga?
Yes! Yoga is great for every kind of body! You will find that with a consistent and long-term yoga practice you will gain flexibility as well as strength and balance in both the body and mind. Be sure to approach the practice with patience and care.
10. What does 'Unlimited' mean in your pass options?
Unlimited means that you can attend any of our regular drop-in classes as often as you would like for the duration of your pass.
11. Is the '1 Month Unlimited Introductory Pass' a calendar month, or can it be started at any time?
Our 1 Month Unlimited Intro Pass begins on your first class and will last for 30 days. The same applies to all of our other unlimited passes as well.